Transfer America AKA Timeshare Relief AKA Transfer Smart is a complete and total scam. First of all its a shell company for timeshare relief who bilks people out of up to $4000 to "get rid of" their timeshare. Yeah they CHARGE people to take their timeshare.

David MacMillan owns this company as well as 3 or 4 other brands that all do the exact same thing. They run them out a crummy little office in Torrance california. They need all the brands to hide who they are because once people have heard of one of their companies they want nothing to do with them and the complaints and ripoffs get reported online so they just keeping making up more brands.

They make it unfair to the consumer to even research if they are reputable or not as they put badges on their site saying they are in INC 500 but if you check INC 500 they aren't listed. Same with saying they are listed with D&B and LAs top 100. Shell game scams designed to trick you into handing over your hard earned money and your timeshare!

They pay huge sums to the BBB to keep their ratings up. If you look at their primary brand they have over 60 complaints and the attorney general of Vermont just fined them big time for defrauding people into believing they could get a huge tax right-off if they paid them to take their timeshare. BEWARE Transfer America is a scam to take your money and your timeshare!

Had an Experience with Transfer America?

Comments

Shady Hollow, Texas, United States #585896

We will Cancel Your Timeshare Guaranteed with a Proven Timeshare Cancellation Plan!Timeshare Advocacy International, LLC is a consumer rights group that focuses solely on canceling timeshare contracts within the timeshare industry because of blatant fraud, misrepresentation, and lies that often pressure consumers into unnecessarily purchasing an expensive timeshare contract.

It does not matter where you purchased, what you own, or how long ago you purchased your timeshare. We can help everyone by providing a free initial consultation of your specific situation. Our customer service reps have decades of timeshare industry experience and understand exactly what you are going through. Call us to find out just what sets us apart from the competition.

Before you potentially spend thousands to a resale company, or a company that claims they can take your deed from you, talk to one of our professionals. TAI helps victims of timeshare fraud and misrepresentation to legally cancel their timeshare contract. We are timeshare advocates who stand beside and fight for our clients throughout the entire timeshare cancellation process. It is not often an easy task to cancel your timeshare contract, but now it is not something that people like you have to go through alone anymore.

We will guide you and represent you through the entire timeshare cancellation process until your contract is cancelled and you are provided with permanent timeshare relief.

If you...

I feel across this website and I did not have the same experience as some of the other people here.The gal I worked with was very nice and my timeshare is gone now.

It did take them about 8 months to finish the transferring of deed but my resort says it's not mine anymore.

Yay:) Just wanted to share my experience also.Y'all take care and good Luck!

to Grace #632006

Well unfortunately most consumers automaticly think the timeshare is no lo ger in there name because the resort says so.Which is exactly what companies like these count on to get you past the period of trying to get your money back.

All tbe do is file limited power of attorney with the resort to temporarily transfer it into there name then put it on ebay for 1 dollar if it does'nt sell it never gets recorded at the county recorders office because there is noone to take over your spot o. The deed. The lpoa runs out at the resort itself and guess what? The timeshare is back in your name and a collection agency is after you for backed up maitenance fee.

Every one of these companies that asks for money upfront is a scam. Even the ones that tell you they will donate it to charity. Why would a charitu take a timeshare if there is no market and they can not make a dime off of it to be charitable to anyone and it is only going to cost them money. Hello!!!!!.

Scam. A d if you try to write it off on taxes like they say guess what you get audited cause those companye don't even qualify as charitys . And why i.

Gods name should a consumer have to pay to donate tbere time share.Remember number one fraud in the country right now in the timeshare resale industry so obviohsly these companys are going to come up with new ways to try and scam people and get away witb it.

to sam. #826876

We are finding ourselves in this same situation with these people.We signed up in 2012 and we still own the timeshare because the people have not transferred our timeshare over which was suppose to take 6 months.

Should we be consulting a lawyer because our 2013 was paid by them but now they are telling us we have to pay for 2014. We still own timeshare! They are telling us once we pay 2014 mtce fees they will resolve the transfer. We are FURIOUS!!!

and want retribution.Any suggestions out there!

simiral
#520054

This Company is complete SCAM!They have been transferring my timeshare for 18 months now.

They did not pay maintenance fee as promised in agreement.

I have written to California Attorney General and other offices.I suggest everyone to write to California Attorney General, they are now collecting complaints about this company to open a case.

to bpenny: I signed up with Transfer America in February 2011 and paid them to take 2 timeshares of my hands.After 8 months and many attempts to find out about progress of he escrow, I canceled my contract with them because they switched escrow companies three time and still had not contacted the resorts about transfer or had paid no taxes or yearly fees.

The credit card company agreed with me and put my money back on my card. I am still trying to get Transfer America to stop trying to institute a new escrow even though they have no power of attorney to sign for me on any new documents.

Hope all of you are careful of these people.They are not honest!!!

My Mother (77 years old) somehow got us ensnarled in this situation for $6,500 and I do not trust Transfer America will go through with it.

Please email me with any advise

greg@vsoftconsulting.com

I am not sure why some of my comments showed up underlined twice. U did not underline any of the text.

Gave Transfer America my money Feb 13, 2011.Still no transfer and no return phone calls.

I have left 7 messages this week. Receiving past due bills for the annual fees. My timeshares had a due date of April so they were covered by Transfer America per the contract. I sent a message to "Lucas" on another site the Marketing Officer I will wait to see if there is a response.

Also sent a message to another writer who saiod they completed a transaction in Feb to see if his results are the same as mine. I checked both transferamerica.net & transferonthe spot.com & the employees are the same when you look under the travel team. Wished I had investigated more before I completed the transaction.

My experience.What was promised has not been delivered.

#220236

I am going through their program now, will let you know how it turns out. I have come to the same conclusion as pbenny.